MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue
- Rescue Name: MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue
- Website: http://adoptaboston.com/
- Mission: “To rescue and re-home abandoned Boston Terriers and to persuade those interested in purchasing a dog to “adopt, and not shop”, meaning to not purchase a dog or puppy from a puppy mill or puppy mill-supplied pet store, but instead, to adopt a homeless dog to save a life.”
- Date founded: November 2005
- Types of animals you take in: Dog; Boston Terrier
- Size of Rescue (Small=less than 50 animals, Mid=51-200 animals, Large=201+ animals): Large
- Your name: Jennifer Misfeldt
- Your position in the rescue: President/Founder
- How long you’ve been with the rescue: November 2005
- What you like best about animal rescue: the support from the public
- What you think is hardest about animal rescue: inconsistency among multiple foster parents across multiple states
- Share one quick story about a rescue experience:Here’s a poem from the MABTR website, which speaks for itself
To My First Rescue Dog
You came to me full grown
But very much like a puppy.
A human’s love you had not yet known.
Each pat on your head
Caused you to jump in a frenzy.
In your first hours you even shredded your bed.
Each experience was new and you were so amazed.
Inside the house you seemed overwhelmed.
Just the simplest things would capture your gaze.
Constant excitement was your state.
Your jumping and barking
Made you a challenging roommate.
But slowly you came to understand
And when I reach out
You no longer chewed on my hand.
Within a few months so calmly you sat.
Imploring with those sweet brown eyes
To give your head just one more pat.
The adoption day in mid-December
When you met your new family
Is one I will always remember.
I sent you on your way
With a final hug and kiss
Knowing your new life began that day.
You trotted away without a backward glance
And through my tears I smiled
Because you deserved this second chance.