-Lost Souls: Found! Inspiring Stories about Golden Retrievers volumes I and II are each full of 60+ stories from people who have fostered and adopted Golden Retrievers. People looking for Golden Retriever puppies, Golden Retrievers for sale, or Golden Retrievers for adoption should read this book first to learn about the breed and about breed rescue. If you’re already involved with Golden Retriever rescue, these stories are sure to resonate with you! This book is a great gift for Golden Retriever lovers and a fun, easy read for you!
-Excerpt (Vol. I):“As I stepped through the door and onto the cold concrete floor, I was practically bowled over by a huge Golden, barreling towards me at full-speed! As he humped my leg and chewed on my forearm I looked around the sterile room, bare except for a dog crate, food bowl, and water bowl. Through the sliding glass doors I could see that the Scotties had a wonderful yard to play in, so why was this Golden stuck in the basement like this? There was no way I was leaving him there.” –Shereen Raucci, about Pierce
Amazon Page & Preview, Vol. II I Meet the Authors
Note Card Facts:
Buy Golden Retriever stationery here.
-Each box contains 8- 5 x 7 flat note cards with envelopes printed on 100# cardstock
-A portion of every sale is donated back to the rescue of your choice
-Back side of each card is the same color as the card border and has a “Did You Know” about the breed
Buy Golden Retriever T-shirts, clothing jewelry, bags, and housewares here.
About this image: This photo of Betty was taken by Ann DeWig. Betty was found starving and scavenging for food in a construction site. One of the workers caught her and loaded her up in his pickup, hoping to find her a home. Unfortunately the time on the street made Betty fearful, food aggressive and territorial so he surrendered her to Arizona Golden Retriever Connection – where they found a very mellow home with plenty of food and love. She’s now the sweetest Golden you’ll ever meet.
The “Adopted. Who’s next?” shirt series is meant to honor adopted pets and their resilience. Wearing these shirts is a great way to start a conversation with people about rescue and adoption. A significant portion of profits is donated back to animal welfare organizations.
About Golden Retrievers:
- Breed originated in the British Isles
- Historically bred to retrieve water foul and upland game
- Beautiful, sturdy and well-proportioned
- Usually 22-24 inches tall and 55-80 lbs.
Why People Love Golden Retrievers:
- Great therapy dogs
- Generally confident, calm, gentle and intelligent
- Active and fun-loving
- Love swimming and dock jumping
- Excel in obedience trials
- They can live in apartments, but need lots of outdoor exercise
- Get along with everyone
- Compatible with children, adults, other dogs, cats and most livestock
Why Golden Retrievers Can Be Challenging:
- Smooth, medium-length coat is easy to groom but must be attended to
- Cancer and eye diseases are common
- Hip dysplasia is very common
Other Facts and Tips About Golden Retrievers:
- The AKC recognizes dark golden, golden and light golden colors for Golden Retrievers, but the breed is available in different shades of cream, red and mahogany as well.
- Medium life expectancy (10-12 years)
- Barndon, the companion of Punky Brewster, was a Golden Retriever.
- Known to be surrogate mothers for other species.
- The litter size is usually 6-10 puppies.
- AKC group: Sporting
We do our best to be accurate. See an error? Let us know!