Self-Publishing Help for Your Book About Animals
Happy Tails Books offers writing, designing, and self-publishing help for your book about animals. We will save you money and you’ll love how your book turns out. We offer the following self-publishing services as a package or a la carte:
Proofreading: $2-$4 per page
Content development and publishing coaching: $60/hour (discounts available) via phone or online
Cover/interior layout and design: $250-$600+ and up (depends on length and whether you are supplying photos/artwork)
Printing: As low as $1.50-$4.00 per book, depends on length and style
eBook creation/submission: $95
Amazon listing: $25
Promotion: Negotiable, if your book fits our mission, we’ll include it in our newsletter
We started out as a self-publishing operation, so we’re familiar with the challenges you face as an upcoming self-published author. During our first year, we published 13 high-quality books and eBooks, which taught us many lessons about what to do and what to avoid. All of our books maintain five-star ratings on Amazon.com. We’re excited to help you and your pet book on your way to a five-star rating, too! Contact us here.
Pet Book Self-Publishing Testimonials:
“I was a very apprehensive novice author about to publish my first book, and then I found Happy Tails Book Publishing. I spoke to them and immediately felt confident that, with their help, I could be a successful author. Kyla Duffy, Editor-in Chief at Happy Tails Books, provided me with the support and guidance I needed to publish a picture book that has been very well received by both children and adults. Kyla did a great job editing my manuscript; she clarified my ideas but did not change the spirit of the story. She was also a source for technical advice regarding the images that made the book come alive. The layout was absolutely beautiful, and my books are always printed promptly on demand. My experience with Happy Tails Books couldn’t have been better; in fact, I am planning two more books for the upcoming year and would never consider working with anyone other than Kyla Duffy. From editing to technical expertise to layout, fulfillment, and even price, there is no company that could surpass Happy Tails Books. Thanks Happy Tails! I’m looking forward to working with you on many more projects in the future.” -Frances Smith, author of How I Became a Real Dog: A Picture Book by Phoebe
“When I wanted to publish my first book about my dog, I became frustrated because publishers were expensive and hard to contact. Then I found Happy Tails Books! Kyla was very helpful, easy to get in touch with, and had some great advice to share. The price of publishing with Happy Tails Books was the lowest that I had found anywhere. The final product looks great, and I’ve already sold more than I expected! I am now in the process of using them again to publish my second book. Thank you Happy Tails Books!” -Janelle Condra, author of Torii’s Adventures
Happy Tails Books is the Animal-Book-Writer’s Choice for Self-Publishing Assistance!
- Flexible plans: Your project is unique, as are our services. Whether you want a complete package with assistance in everything from writing your book to printing and selling it or you’re just looking for help with a specific part of your process, look to us. We can help!
- Competitive pricing: Our partnerships with low cost, high quality designers and printers will provide you with great books that don’t break the bank.
- High quality: In the past, self-publishing has received a bad reputation for poorly-proofed and ill-designed manuscripts. We do not wish to add to this reputation and therefore hold ourselves and our authors to the highest standards of quality and integrity. We proudly invite you to peruse our book previews on our homepage to gauge the quality of our work for yourself.
- Years of editing, marketing, and journalism experience: Our experience reaches far beyond the books we’ve recently published, and if we can’t help you in-house, we’ve got connections with reputable experts in all book publishing-related fields.
- Passion for animals: We know the terminology related to dogs, cats, pets, and rescue, and we have a strong love of animals and conviction that they should be treated with dignity and respect.
- Entrepreneurial ideas: As a self-publisher you are truly an entrepreneur. The founder of Happy Tails Books has extensive entrepreneurial experience and can help you with grass-roots marketing ideas, social media networking, and sales.
- Personalized service: The key players at Happy Tails Books will be intimately involved in your project. You will never be passed along to other less experienced employees or consultants.
- Straightforward contracts and pricing: After thoroughly exploring your project with you, we’ll carefully price it and draw up a custom contract that suits your individual needs.
Our rates are competitive, and our services, including content editing, proofreading, layout, cover design, ISBNs, printing, and sales through our website, can be purchased as a package or a la carte.
Please contact us to find out more about our rates and how we can assist you in publishing your book.